Story of Faith: Megan Royer

January 23, 2015

Almost 3 months ago Heavenly Father decided to test my courage and strength. He pushed my family and me to limits we never thought we could reach.

ironmanOur story began on September 30th, 2014. My dad, Jared Royer, was on a scuba diving trip with many of his friends from work. On Tuesday afternoon, my mom got a call from the coast guard. They told my mom that my dad had been lost at sea for more than 15 hours. He had gotten separated from his scuba group late on Monday night. My entire family held onto hope that my dad would survive. We always thought that if anyone could survive something like this, it would be my dad. He was an iron man, a true athlete and hero. The coast guard sent out 60 divers every day to look for him. They also sent out search helicopters and multiple boats looking on land and in the sea for my dad. We held onto hope for more than 3 days, until they called us and told us they found my dad’s body at the bottom of the ocean.

We aren’t exactly sure what happened to him. But he did run out of oxygen, so they told us that he most likely drowned.

Our family was crushed. “Why us?” we asked. Our dad left behind 4 children, a 16-year-old boy, a 13 year-old girl (me), a 6 year old girl, and the youngest girl only 3. My dad was just 40 when he left this earth. We cried for days but continued to pray for strength. It took a week or two for my family to start noticing the blessings we were receiving. It was hard for us to find the positive in our situation. But with prayer and scripture study I was able to realize the positive things.

One of the first of our many answered prayers was that the coast guard found my dad’s body. They told us that we are extremely lucky because in most situations like this one, it is very rare that they end up finding the diver at all.

Another way we saw God in this trials was something that happened the morning after my dad had died. My dad’s good friends told us that as they were out on the boat searching for my dad, when out of nowhere about 100-200 dolphins started dancing around the boat. The captain of the boat said that he had never seen anything like this in all the years we has explored the ocean. Knowing that my dad loved dolphins, we believe that my dad sent those dolphins from heaven, to help reassure our family.

One of the most special miracles for us was that as days started to pass, each one of us experienced many different visits from our dad. We could all feel him with us holding our hands and not only that, but he was crying with us wishing he could help us in any way possible. But our family also knows that my dad would not want us to be sad, but to be happy for him. We believe he is in a place that none of us could ever truly imagine.

image2I not only saw God blessing us then, but also realized that there were signs before my dad left that he would be leaving us soon. In the summer time he told us that when he died he wanted to be buried in a cedar wood casket. And, on his trip up to California, the weekend before he passed away, he told his friends that he had recently switched his life insurance plan. My mom knew nothing of that, and would not have if he did not tell his friends. He also talked about how important it was that we were an eternal family. He was the best father he has ever been his last few months on earth. Of course I did not realize any of those signs until now, and I am so grateful that he did and said those few things.

Another huge blessing came when I was reading my dad’s scriptures, I came across something that he had written:

“If we endured no pain or suffering in this life, then there would be no true happiness or joy. None of us would know what true accomplishment feels like. If we experienced no trial, then there would be no point to this life.”

My dad is exactly right. We can’t have joy without pain. My dad is continuing to teach me, even when he isn’t here. I am so happy that I can have the knowledge of the plan of salvation, that I know I can live with my dad again, and with my family forever.

9528-8cl

The last thing I would like to share is from an article I read awhile back, that I believe. The article talked about how Heaven is HERE on earth. Most of us think Heaven is up in the clouds, but it is right here on earth. Heaven surrounds us! It is truly amazing to think about that.

I am so grateful for my faith. Without it, I would not be the person I am today. I have a true testimony that the plan of salvation is real! We will get to see our loved ones again. The veil is truly thin between us and Heaven.

With faith you can find and feel these things.

Optimized-image2 (2)

That is my story of faith!

Megan Royer

• Reply Leslie sanders January 23, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Such wisdom from a young girl. Beautiful, heartbreaking story. Thank you for sharing. I want to share with my young women at church.

• Reply Heather Hoyt January 23, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Wow. I am so impressed with Megan’s faith, her wisdom, and her ability to express herself so eloquently. I kept thinking it was written by someone much older. I am sorry for her loss, but amazed at her strength.

• Reply celeste January 24, 2015 at 4:57 am

So Powerful & profoundly written through your heartfelt Testimony of The Plan of Salvation . Bless you as I’m confident your personal testimony will carry you far in love & peace !

• Reply Geneva Mortensen January 26, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I am a registered nurse and I worked with Jared Royer at Dixie Regional Medical Center in the operating room. He was part of our OR family. I was heart broken to here about his death and my heart ached for his family. it sounds like he instilled strength and love in his young amazing daughter. Thank You for sharing your story it eases the pain I have felt myself. God bless you.

• Reply Elisa January 26, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Megan,
    You are one very special elect daughter of God! You are exactly right about heaven being right where we are. I have felt that as well and it is REAL. Heavenly Father will bless you and your beautiful family for being a true disciple as you continue to share your testimony. Thank you for letting me feel the spirit tonight through your testimony! 🙂

• Reply Jackie Ruden January 27, 2015 at 7:31 am

Megan, your are a very special girl and so is your family. Your dad is an awesome guy and will be helping you and your sweet family forever… Thanks for sharing your testimony and know you are all loved!

• Reply Gigi Bell January 27, 2015 at 9:58 am

Megan, We love you and your family so much! Gigi Bell

• Reply Angie Callister January 27, 2015 at 11:03 am

Megan,
    I am a nurse and I worked with your father in the operating room. He was an amazing anesthesiologist he had such a kind heart and comforting smile. I so enjoyed working with him and I miss my association with him greatly.
    What a faith inspiring story! Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful testimony. It is nice to hear how you have been comforted since his passing. I’m positive that he is smiling down upon you and so very proud of the amazing faith you have. I love the dolphin

• Reply Chantelle January 27, 2015 at 11:27 am

What an amazing story! Miracles and blessings are all around us if we just look for them. I could not hold back the tears while reading this story. Especially when she talked about their Dad being here crying with them. The veil is so thin and Heavenly beings walk among us. This I know for sure. What a strong and brave young girl! My heart and prayers go out to her and her family for continued strength and peace.

• Reply Bridget Penick January 27, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Megan dear, I had the great pleasure of working with your dad in the operating room at Dixie Regional Medical Center. He was a kind, sweet, friendly and humble man. I was glad to count him among those I respect and call friend. You are right, Heaven is so near and your dad is with you, and you will feel his love and guiding influence throughout your life. That is one of the tender mercies of this earthly life. I join you in celebrating your dad’s life! God bless!!!

• Reply ian bell January 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Thank you for teaching us and inspiring us! Love Brother Bell

• Reply Jolene Johnson January 27, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Wow, how grateful am I that I happened to stumble upon this experience of yours. I really am touched deeply by every word. What profound insights you have. Your Dad is beyond proud. Keep your faith going. You touched me today….never stop.❤

• Reply Sherie Danjanovich January 27, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Megan, You are such an amazing young woman to have the testimony that you have and to understand our Heavenly Fathers plan like you do. I loved reading your story and all the same thoughts and feelings came right back to me that I felt years ago when my oldest daughter unexpectedly passed away. Heavenly Father tested our family’s strength as he tested your’s and the blessings came to us just as they did for your family. How thankful I am for our loving Heavenly Father and the tender mercies he pours out to those who are in need. You are so right! Heaven is all around us…how close depends on how we live everyday. Not a day will go by that your Dad won’t be right there to help you along the way. This I know to be true as my daughter left behind a baby boy 11 months old. He is 12 years old today, and I can see her guidance and influence in him every day. Although he was too little to remember her, he “knows” her and he looks forward to the day when he will be with her again. I have thought of your beautiful family and prayed for your family. Stay strong and I pray that you and your family will continue to feel the comfort and peace that the gospel brings. The blessings never stop, recognize the joy that comes from having someone so close to you from the other side of the veil. Thank you for sharing your faith and strength, it strengthens and blesses everyone around you.

• Reply Mary Ann Denos January 27, 2015 at 9:03 pm

What a beautiful story. I worked with your dad at the hospital. He was a wonderful Doctor and a wonderful person. Always kind and friendly, a wonderful example for every one around him. You should be so proud to call him your dad. We all miss him so much. I know he is still watching over you and that he is so proud of you.

• Reply Margaret Gibson January 28, 2015 at 2:15 pm

That was beautiful….so much wisdom for such a young girl. Your dad would be proud.

• Reply Mrs.Leany January 28, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Megan, you are so beautiful- inside and out. Your story of faith, shared so sweetly, will carry many closer to their Heavenly Father. You have now become my teacher. Thank you.

• Reply Dacia Weese January 28, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Megan, I remember you and your sweet brother Brendan from my time working at Coral Cliffs. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story, because it’s inspiring to so many people!! You’re amazing, and I can’t believe at 13 years old you’re this firm in your faith. You’re MY hero, and I thank you for sharing your heartfelt thoughts. Your dad IS amazing, because he has 4 amazing kids who are keeping his spirit alive. Bless you and your entire sweet family. <3

• Reply Ms. Mickelson January 28, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Megan, and Brendan,
    I was so lucky to have had the opportunity to teach both of you in Science at LRI. You were my bright and shiny stars. I learned so much from you then, and through your story you continue to teach me. Your beautiful testimony of Heavenly Fathers plan for each of us helps me assure that my daughter, who passed away last March, is in a happier place, and has a greater duty to fulfill on the other side of the vail. Keep your head up, make good choices and remember your Dad always. You have much to share with the world. Love you!!!

• Reply KP Reynolds January 28, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Meg! You are amazing! Always, you are happy and upbeat, and a true inspiration. I sure do look up to you!
    Mrs. Reynolds

• Reply Kristen Nelson January 29, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Wow. What an inspiring testimony! Thank you for sharing. Your Dad was special. Everyone who knew him respected and admired his courage, ambition and determination. Sometimes hope takes great courage and I can see that you, like your Dad, are a courageous, determined person! You are an inspiration. Thank you for your example.

• Reply Ray January 30, 2015 at 11:12 am

Thanks for sharing your story. You are an awesome your lady. Life is tough some times. Hang in there.

• Reply Anne Marie January 30, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Such mature insight for someone so young & a truly inspirational message. I could feel the spirit as I read this and am thankful I came across it at a time when I need some encouragement myself. So sorry for the loss of your father, but you are right! The veil is very thin if we just open our hearts and minds to the possibilities Heavenly Father has in store for each and every one of us. God Bless you and your family.

• Reply Heather Horton February 1, 2015 at 10:30 am

Beautiful Megan! What an amazing young woman you are becoming. Our Heavenly Father knows you and loves you and is here for you always. Prayers for you and your family.

• Reply Samantha April 16, 2015 at 1:08 am

A very blessed day to all.I feel very inclined to share this experience as i feel that my experience could be used as a point of contact to solve a lot of other peoples problem all over.My name is Samantha Halladay and i reside in Calgary canada.Sometime in may of 2013 my world came crumbling, first with my lovely and long time husband leaving me admist serious litigations because he was in love with another woman.I prayed and fasted but without result.Consequent upon this my son Reggy given the breakup became involved in frivolous living including the use of drugs.my daughter amanda also followed suit.I was devasted to the extent of taking my life which i saw was the only option.

I lost my job,my finances ran out and was owing so much on my mortgage.One day i called my two children and told them that i had done all i could as a mother and that it was evident i could not continue living.Though they were conscious of the ernomity of the matter at hand, there was no way they could help as i was the only one they looked up to.

Luck reprieve and Happiness came back into my life when i was introduced to Dr Ewuwu from Nigeria by a friend who confided in me in my quest soliciting for assistance for payment of my running bills.I still remember Maria saying Samantha i can no longer give you money, but i can introduce you to someone that can help you get your life back. That indeed was the begining.

I have always had this apathy against Nigeria and the Nigerian people as i have always seen them all as fraudulent as i have heard a lot of stories in this regard.I mentioned marias words to my children and was astonished when they both encouraged me that Mum he who is down fears no fall.

I was already in a precarious situation and the only thing i could do was just get intouch with Dr Ewuwu.

This i did on the 15th of december 2014.The first thing he Dr Ewuwu asked me was “Do you want your life back?

And i said YES.The second question was do you have faith that you can get your life back?Again i said yes and then he said okay and that was how he started devinations for me.

Today i can honourably and comfortably say that i have gotten my life back,I live in bliss now with a very comfortable financial standing.All that i lost has been replaced.Most importantly my husband came back begging and we both live together happily now.My children are clean now and are a source of joy to me for standing by me and advising me to contact Dr Ewuwu.

I have had to share this so that anyone that has gone through or is going through lifes challenges of any nature should immidiately contact Dr Ewuwu as he is presently in the united kingdom on some devination.The most important part of his work is that he can foresee,make predictions for even your business concerns and at the end of the day bring all to positive frution.He can make your lover in a far away land continue to think about you and come back to you as soon as possible .This is indeed tremendendious as i stand as a living witness.

I never have believed in spellcasters but today as much i dont see Dr Ewuwu as a spellcaster he can solve your life problem and restore all you have lost to you.

Please if you care,you can contact Dr Ewuwu on ewuwu15@gmail.com or +447045759885

I call him Ewuwu wonder