a very big day

May 9, 2013
via Old English Co

How happy I am to see you here! It’s kind of a big day here at the Small Seed, and one that I’ve been looking forward to for the last 6 months. The planning, praying and working has all come together and finally the Small Seed is up!

You can see a few of the topics that I hope we’ll be chatting about on the navigation bar—and though they might be empty for now, they won’t be for long. I can’t wait to introduce you to the guest posters who are coming out of the woodwork, who have been blessed by the power of faith and have been moved to share.

For those of you who are just visiting and hearing about this blog for the first time, you can learn a little more here.
Please feel free to say hello, I would love to get to know you!
via Inslee Shop
And for those of you whose support and encouragement have helped me believe that I can do this, thank you. You well know how passionate I have been, as well as my insecurities. It’s because of you that I’ve had the courage to act on gentle promptings and create a place where we can talk about God and faith, where we can focus on what matters most, and hopefully bless lives—because really that’s what this is all about.
Most of all, I’m grateful for the inspiration that has led this whole effort. I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it otherwise.
I look forward to sharing a bit of what’s in my heart with you, and know I have so much to learn from you in return.
Much love,
Lizzy

• Reply Carrie May 9, 2013 at 8:51 pm

May I be the first to comment on this wonderful launching day for The Small Seed….I am so excited to share in your journey of faith! After all, I witnessed the very beginnings of your small seed and have watched it blossom into the beautiful women you are today! This is exciting! I LOVE IT…I LOVE YOU!
    Mom
    *Bytheway: Happy Mother’s Day to you!

• Reply Liz Jensen May 13, 2013 at 12:52 am

Thanks so much. There isn’t a better way to start out then with the confidence of your mother 🙂 Love you!

• Reply Jesika Harmon May 9, 2013 at 8:53 pm

So excited for you! This will be such a beautiful, inspiring blog. Congratulations and I can’t wait to read more!

• Reply Bill, Kristin, Will and Kayla May 10, 2013 at 3:09 pm

What a wonderful blog! I can’t wait to hear your amazing insights and be uplifted and inspired. You are a fabulous person, and I’m sure this will be a fabulous blog. Love you!

• Reply Phyllis Bestor May 10, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I am interested in the small seed . .love the name: it symbolizes so much. Is this your own blog or connected with your project

• Reply Liz Jensen May 13, 2013 at 12:53 am

Thanks so much-you’ve always been one with symbols and I love the imagery too. This is my own blog, and I will probably have personal experiences along with things just for this project. Excited to have your insights!

• Reply Heidi May 10, 2013 at 5:33 pm

This is simply perfect — love the concept and I cannot wait to see how each moment will weave together into something amazing! Count me as a Lizzy believer!!

• Reply Liz Jensen May 13, 2013 at 12:54 am

Thanks so much Heidi, can’t think of a better person to believe in me. I would love any of your feedback as well and stories of faith! xo

• Reply Ali May 11, 2013 at 12:09 am

So excited about this! Excellent example… as always. 🙂 Love you Lizzie!

• Reply MJG May 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Hey there- I just saw this on FB when Kaycee liked it. I think I met you before you transferred away from BYU Law, but that was so long ago. Anyway, I’m living in the suburbs of NYC now, too! Small world. This blog looks awesome and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us. I love the whole concept.

• Reply Liz Jensen May 13, 2013 at 1:00 am

Thanks so much for saying hello Megan! I think being in the suburbs of NYC is one of the most exciting places to be-let me know if you’re near CT and I’d love to meet up for lunch sometime! xo

• Reply MJG May 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Ooh, we can’t wait to explore CT. We actually just moved to Bayonne, NJ– it’s on the water, just across the bay from NYC. I have yet to get brave enough to venture very far afield. 🙂 Something about lugging two kids there scares me to death. I’d love to figure out a way to meet up sometime, though.

• Reply Liz Jensen May 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Once you take a couple trips it really isn’t too scary-I finished law school at Fordham so got used to the city before I had our little girl, but definitely do it-there is so much to explore and it’s definitely worth it!